- Featuring 600 totally original, period photographs and illustrations completely redefining the appraisal of Thirties fashion
- Inspiration for the vintage trend still dominating high streets and catwalks
- Includes images of Hollywood stars as well as beautiful fashion plates from all the major fashion houses of the time
- Contains biographies of renowned designers and fashion houses
- Already received passionate widespread acclaim on a plethora of fashion/vintage blogs
- Companion work to 1920s Fashion: The Definitive Sourcebook ISBN 9781783130146 and 1940s Fashion: The Definitive Sourcebook also by Emmanuelle Dirix and Charlotte Fiell
1930s Fashion documents the season-by-season fashions of this remarkable decade with an impressive selection of original photographs, sketches and prints. An essential guide to Thirties fashion, this is a must-have handbook for fashion students as well as anyone interested in fashion or cultural history.
Featuring elegant silk tea-dresses, tailored suits and draped furs, 1930s Fashion reveals the incredible elegance of this era s fashions. Meanwhile, an authoritative introductory essay assesses the major themes within fashion during this period and presents its most notable designers. Giving a unique insight into the glamorous and opulent fashions of this fabulous bygone era, this book is not only a rich source of inspiration but also a significant and long-awaited reappraisal of Thirties fashion.
Contents: Introduction by Emmanuelle Dirix; Catalogue section: Daywear; Outerwear; Eveningwear; Accessories; Other; End matter: Index; Biographies of designers.