Strategic success of industry depends upon manufacturing competencies (i.e., the competitive advantage to ensure better quality and reliability), which will increase sales and create a sound customer base. Competitive priorities are the operating advantages that are assessed, evaluated, and measured within the parameters of cost, quality, time, design, and flexibility. The book explains the manufacturing competencies upon which the strategic success of the automobile industry depends. The impact of manufacturing competency on strategic success is analyzed and modelled using suitable qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Outlines manufacturing competencies in correlation with successful strategic planning for current manufacturing environment
- Provides methodology or guidelines for linking defined strategic plans with manufacturing competencies
- Defines strategic success in the context of the automobile industry
- Analyses and models manufacturing competency impacts using qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Develops qualitative models with real-time case studies